Monday, July 7, 2008

I'm Back!....again

So I'm back from sunny Orlando. It was down right a quick and dirty, but still relaxing/revelational weekend. My roommate and I stayed w/ our old Bible study leader/mentor, who has been guiding us amazingly the last year. Her husband and her were real. I love the way they interact and show loves not just to one another but everyone they come into contact w/. They are def. servants of the Lord. While I was there I read this life changing book. I also watched this jaw dropping show in downtown Disney. (my second one in the past 3 weeks) I'm trying to see all of them b/c they are so incrediable. I went and sunned out on Cocoa Beach. They water was amazing but the jelly-fish sting and the massive back leg sunburn was not. People could totally tell that I was trying to "neutralize" the sting on my leg while I was standing on the sand bar.

I went to their church Sunday morning, but the real treat was later that night being among 300 other 20 somethings worshipping. And I'm not a real big "worshiper" but I found myself actually singing and meaning it and feeling it. It is the 5th biggest church for 20 somethings in the nation. (website is done very stylishly too!)

So all and all this weekend = I'm looking into volunteering w/ for an organization that provides for sexually abused girls in 3rd world countries.

2 comments:

Hannah Akers said...

that's wonderful that you got to enjoy pure worship with people who are thirsting for the same thing. i had to bust out laughing when i read about the jellyfish sting.

cottage girl said...

lucky you, jerk. must be nice to live the high life. and you're leaving again when??? oh, to live the life of a school teacher.....some of us can only dream.